Thursday, February 11, 2010

Marketing Stories Podcast with Shelly Kramer

What the heck have I been up to? Well, definitely not writing posts here ;).

A few things have been keeping me busy. I joined H&R Block (@HRBlock) in mid-January. I'll write a post about my new adventure as H&R Block's Social Media Director soon, promise.

My next few posts are going to be focused on social media and engaging customers.

Matthew Ray Scott (@MatthewRayScott) creator of The Strategic Incubator asked me to co-host his Marketing Stories Podcast with Shelly Kramer (@ShellyKramer).

We cover a lot of social web ground in this hour podcast. Good discussions on living out loud on social sites, being helpful, becoming a "threaded connector", what brands are doing right, what to stay away from...so if you have a long commute, download this sucker and get after it.

If you have about 10 minutes, start listening around 17:00 to pick up tips from Shelly and Matthew on evergreen social media "rules". If you have only 5 minutes and want to know how conversational engagement (not shout out monologue selling) works in social media, start around 26:00. If you have 2 minutes and want to hear a few case studies and hear Matthew's Arkansas accent, start at 31:00. If you want a really specific social listening case study and remember to close the loop, begin around 33:30.

I'd love to hear if you give the podcast a thumbs up or down and why.

Next post up, Christian Foundation for Family and Aging's (@CFCA)social web case study.

Posted via web from zenaweist's posterous

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Awesome podcast Zena. I just finished listening to it.

I loved the segment on engagement, and the personal story that Shelly shared about working hard to socialize / contribute in the space, while never selling her services. As a result, she tripled her business over the past year. What a great lesson.

Kelly Kearney